Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

To my amazing Pops:




There are so many things my dad is to me. It would take forever to explain to anyone how amazing he truly is. So I decided to take the creative route and describe him through his name, Christopher.

C-Christ-like. My dad might not go around telling everyone he has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, but then again, he doesn't need to; his words and actions prove it. Thank you Pops for being such an amazing example and spiritual leader for me and the rest of the family.
H-Hysterical. He is super funny and I know everyone in the family or even close friends know that he is quite the jokester. He tells jokes, acts silly, and everyone LOVES it! I think its natural to think that a lot of times he is just plain cheesy. Thank you Pops for making me laugh all the time!
R-Realistic. My dad has always encouraged us kids to pursue our goals, but with a realistic spin on it. A lot of times we all get ahead our ourselves and he is kind enough to give us the constructive criticism that we need to become better people and to further ourselves for the future. Thank you Pops for being my #1 cheerleader/critic!
I-Intelligent. Pops is the most intelligent man I know. He constantly surprises me with his wealth of knowledge about everything from sports to music to religion to business and even to pop culture. Thanks Pops for being my "teacher of life."
S-Singer. You might not know it, but Pops is quite the vocalist. He loves to sing! Once we got him an iPod, his music loving and singing skills blossomed. His favorite singers range from Vanessa Carlton to The Doobie Brothers to Julie Andrew in "The Sound of Music" (he knows all the songs...and thinks he is a soprano). Thanks for the earplugs Pops! (Just kidding)
T-Tender. Pops is one of the most loving people. He is there for me whenever I need him and for whatever reason, no questions asked. Thank you Pops for always loving me just the way I am.
O-Outgoing. My dad is always the person at family events to talk to every single kid to see how they are doing and what they are up to these days. He may not admit it, but he loves to be in the spotlight and make people laugh. And I feel like he does it just to make people feel better about themselves. He is also really good with our friends. Yes, he has the ability to embarrass me in front of my friends (and abuses it), but I feel like that is his job. Thanks Pops for being so friendly!
P-Pops. I dont know when my sister and I started calling dad "Pops" but he definitely embraced it and still signs his cards and emails "Love, Pops" Thanks for humoring us and being an amazing Pops!
H-Handsome. Pops is still one good-looking, bitchin' dude (even with a little "salt and pepper" sprinkled here and there). My mom can attest to that ;) Thanks for passing on the good genes Pops!
E-Ethical. In everything that he does, Pops does his BEST to do the right thing. He is a moral and honest businessman, husband, and father, just to name a few. He instilled in all of us kids the morals that were instilled into him growing up. Thanks Pops for being so virtuous.
R-Remarkable. My dad is absolutely incredible. He truly is one of a kind. He continues to shock me with his amazing words, actions, support, love and encouragement. THANK YOU POPS FOR CONTINUING TO BE THE BEST DAD EVER!










I love you Pops!

2 comments:

Wallace said...

i loved reading that, lyss. you really do have a great dad, and me, a great uncle. :) except, um, he could use some fashion advice. what's up with the jacket in that first picture? or is it ryan's?

robyn said...

oh you are so freaking cute!