Monday, April 6, 2009

How I spent my Monday...



Oceanside is my ABSOLUTE favorite place in the whole wide world. I love it!! I don't know what I love more-the part that it is at the beach or that it is shared between our family. Today it is gorgeous and I could NOT have asked for a better, more beautiful day. A day filled with some of my favorite things: the sun, the beach, a great book (I eventually got sucked into the Twilight phenomenon...THANKS a lot Kel!), diet coke, and TANNING.

I also got to spend my quiet time laying on the beach while soaking up all the sunny goodness. It makes me appreciate things in my life so much more when I am outside surrounded by the Lord's creations. I LOVE this study I'm doing with some friends of mine called "Living Free" by Beth Moore. It is definitely stretching me and my relationship with the Lord and allowing me to explore myself in ways I could have never imagined. It has also been uncovering different areas of my life that I have needed to work on and then bringing healing to those areas. It's almost like an infected wound that you try to hide then reluctantly allowing a professional doctor to dress the wound, no matter how badly it hurts, so that it can heal properly. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for taking away the sting of my wounds and being my healer :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

YAY GOD!!!

I love you so much Lys, and am continually amazed at the work God's doing in your life.

Hebrews 12: 1-3

NOPES.